HydroCAD® Stormwater Modeling - Since 1986
Moving HydroCAD to a new PC
This page outlines the basic steps for moving your HydroCAD license to a new computer.
If you will be reinstalling your current HydroCAD software, make sure you have your complete HydroCAD serial number, as shown in your download email. You can also view the serial number by starting HydroCAD and opening the Settings | Serial Number screen.
To move your HydroCAD installation to the new PC:
1) Remove HydroCAD from the old PC using the Uninstall option under Start|Programs|HydroCAD This will not remove any of your custom projects or data files.
2) Install HydroCAD on the new PC using the standard installation procedure.
3) Start HydroCAD on the new PC and enter your serial number when prompted. (If your old PC was using license pooling do not re-enter the serial number - just click the "Network" button and select the existing license folder.)
4) Move your HydroCAD project files (with an HCP extension) from the old PC to the new PC. If necessary, you can use the Windows search feature to locate all HCP files on your computer.
5) Move any custom HydroCAD files you may have created, such as rainfall or IDF files.
Copyright © 2018 HydroCAD Software Solutions LLC (privacy) (legal notices)