HydroCAD® Stormwater Modeling - Since 1986
How is HydroCAD Licensed?
The HydroCAD License Agreement allows the software to be used by one person at a time in the following manner:
Note: This is an expansion of the usage options that were available prior to October 2012. For details please see the full text of the old and new license agreements. The revised terms become effective when you install HydroCAD-10 build 7 or later. For earlier programs your license agreement is available on the HydroCAD Help|License button or the Windows Start menu under Programs|HydroCAD|License.
What about multiple users?
If you want several people to run HydroCAD simultaneously, you need to purchase additional systems. Quantity discounts of 10-30% apply when you order two or more systems at the same time.
What is License Pooling?
If your computers are networked, you can share (pool) your license over a local area network. When each user starts HydroCAD, it will attempt to allocate one of the licenses from the pool, ensuring that the maximum number of licenses is never exceeded. This licensing option can result in huge savings compared to purchasing a separate license for each user or PC. However, a standard license can only be shared between computers at the same physical location. If the computers are at different locations, you must use one of the other license options, or obtain a multi-site floating license. For technical details read about license pooling.
What if I want to use HydroCAD at another site?
You'll need to purchase a new HydroCAD license for each site at which you want to run the program. If you no longer need to use HydroCAD at your current location, you may be able to transfer the license, as described below.
We also offer a "multi-site floating license" option that allows you to centralize all licenses that will be used at multiple sites. Details here.
You may also prefer to use our metered edition, which has no restrictions on where the software can be installed or used.
Can I transfer my license?
You can transfer your license to a new owner or location up to a maximum of three times per calendar year. You must also transfer all materials issued with each license, including all manuals and media for all versions of the software supplied to you. The new owner must also accept the full terms of the License Agreement and must register the program within 30 days of the transfer. Details here.
How do I register my license?
In order to provide technical support pertaining to engineering issues, such as hydrology and hydraulics questions, you must register the primary end-user and location where the software is being used. If you wish, you may also designate separate administrative and IT contacts for software delivery and installation. For details please see the software registration form.
What about Training Materials?
Pre-recorded training materials (such as the Stormwater Training Slides) are licensed for viewing by one person at a time at your registered location (See paragraph 6 below). Simultaneous viewing requires the purchase of additional copies and/or viewing licenses. See the training order form for details.
What if I violate the copyright or license agreement?
In most cases, you can "make good" by having each unlicensed user purchase a new HydroCAD license of the same node capacity they were using. All improperly distributed materials must also be destroyed or returned to the legitimate license holder. Failing to follow these steps is a willful violation of the copyright and license agreement, and makes you subject to civil and criminal penalties.
Can I make changes to the license agreement?
Since HydroCAD is sold as a commercial software product, and not custom software, we are unable to make individual changes to the License Agreement. If you feel any provisions of the agreement are inconsistent with the applicable laws, those terms may be deemed as inapplicable to your use of the software. However, our pricing structure does not allow us to make changes to the License Agreement or enter into subsidiary agreements with individual customers. Doing so would require custom licensing which would increase the cost of the software several fold.
For more information
HydroCAD Software License Agreement(revised 10/17/16)
1. Acceptance: By downloading, opening, installing, or running the HydroCAD Stormwater Modeling System (referred to herein as the Software or the “license”), you indicate your acceptance of all the terms and conditions stated below. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions, do not continue to download, open, install, or run the Software.
2.0 Software Editions: Use of the Software is governed by one of the following 2.x sub-sections, depending on which edition of the software you are using.
2.1 A Standard License may be used by only one person
at a time under the following conditions:
2.2 Multi-Site Floating License
2.3 Metered License
2.4 Sampler, Express, or Trial License
3. Software updates: Any updates to the Software that you purchase or receive are for the purpose of updating the capabilities of your existing license. Updates do not constitute additional licenses nor grant the right to use the Software on additional computers. Each update may be used only for the individual license for which is it specifically designated. The updates are subject to the provisions of this Agreement.
4. Redistribution: You may copy the Software only for backup purposes and for installation on your computer. You may not distribute copies of the Software, in whole or in part, to any other party. You may not loan, rent, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative work from the Software, or circumvent any usage restrictions or metering devices included in the Software. You may not remove or obscure any copyright or trademark notices from the software or reports.
5. Revocation: Any violation of these terms will automatically revoke this license and require you to remove the Software from your computer(s) and return the Software to HSS. You may also be subject to legal liability including payment of reasonable attorney's fees, if available under the applicable law as specified in Section 14.
6. Pre-recorded training materials provided by HSS are licensed for private viewing by one person at a time at the site to which they are registered. Simultaneous viewing by more than one person, or viewing at another site, requires the purchase of one additional training license for each additional person and/or site. Any other use, including public viewing, is allowed only with written permission from HSS.
7. Customer Support: HSS has a strong commitment to customer support. However, in order to receive support services you must register the Software with HSS. ALL SUPPORT SERVICES PROVIDED AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADVICE ON THE USE AND APPLICATION OF THE SOFTWARE, ARE SUBJECT TO THE SAME WARRANTY AND LIABILITY PROVISIONS STATED BELOW FOR THE SOFTWARE.
8. (This section is unused)
9. Limited Warranty: The Software is inherently complex and may not be error-free. THE SOFTWARE IS NOT WARRANTED AND IS PROVIDED "AS IS." However, for a period of 90 days after original purchase HSS will replace any media or documentation which fails due to physical defects. HSS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE, ITS MERCHANTABILITY, OR ITS FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. Limited Liability: You are solely responsible for the selection and use of this Software. You agree to independently verify the appropriateness of all results obtained using the Software, and to indemnify and hold HSS harmless from any liability to third parties arising out of your use of the Software. HSS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUES OR DAMAGE TO ANY PROPERTY, PERSONS, OR INTERESTS, EVEN IF HSS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You agree that the license fee reflects this allocation of risk.
11. Copyright: The Software, including all displays, reports, screens, and file structures, is protected by US and international copyright laws. However, you may duplicate and distribute data files and printed reports containing your company’s design information, as long as all copyright notices are retained. The Software also includes valuable trade secrets, which are the property of HSS. This agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software.
12. Trademarks: The Software incorporates trademarks which are the property of HSS, including but not limited to the Software's name, its screens, reports, and user interface. You may use these trademarks only for the purpose of identifying reports or files used with the Software, in accordance with accepted trademark practice. Such use of any trademark does not give you any rights of ownership in that trademark.
13. (This section is unused)
14. Miscellaneous: This is the entire agreement concerning the license and use of the Software and supersedes all prior statements or agreements on the subject. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire and/or the United States, as applicable. If any provisions of this agreement are declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If you have any questions concerning this license, write to HydroCAD Software Solutions LLC, P.O. Box 477, Chocorua, NH 03817.
6103E rev. 10/17/16
Copyright © 2020 HydroCAD Software Solutions LLC (privacy) (legal notices)